Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Don't let the chain of love end with you"

Last night Jake and I went to Olive Garden to get some soup because it sounded really good to us. As we were sitting there eating, I noticed a couple sitting diagnal from us and they kept staring and smiling at Kaylor. Every time I would look over at them, they had the biggest smile on their face and watching Kaylor. (They were probably in their 30's) Anyways, as they were leaving they said "you have such a beautiful baby"

Time goes by.....We are finishing up our dinner...we asked the waitress for the ticket and she said "actually the couple over there that left took care of your dinner, they paid for it"

We were shocked....Jake felt really stupid...he said "Do we really look that poor?"

Haha but I told him it's not cause we look poor it's probably because they are just really good people and they liked Kaylor.

I told Jake since they paid for our dinner we can't break the "good deed chain" we have to make it continue and do something nice for someone else...so we tipped $10.00 to the waitress. (all we got was soup..so it was only a 10.00 meal)

Anyways, it's good to know there are still good people out there in the world that have good hearts...and it's not neccicarilly just because they baught our dinner...but because they just simply have a good heart. I would love to do things like that for people when we get rich :)

It meant a lot to us and I'll never forget it :) It reminds me of that country song "don't let the chain of love end with you" where you do something nice for someone because somone did something nice for you.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

That is really cool. It is nice to meet and know that there are still good people in this world. What a night to remember.

Kim, I don't think I have ever seen a botched spelling as bad as neccicarilly!! Seriously you had me in stitches laughing. It's necessarily. You must inherit that from Dad. LOL

Liz Lane said...

That is awesome. That is so cool. I wish they could know how much of an impact doing a good deed has on people. I think we all would do better if we did.

jayandminalyn said...

Kim that is so neat and such a good deed.
Vicki you are so funny. Leave it to you. I can just see you laughing.LOL
Kim that is great you continued with the gift, we should all try to remember that and try to do a good deed every day.

Donalyn said...

What a wonderful thing!! that is so neat to know that there are still good people out there. It gives you hope for this world.

The Photo Pharm said...

Kim -- I hope you guys made it safely. You did "pay it forward" with all the groceries you left with me. You are such a sweet person. Thanks and hope all is well!

Genevieve said...

kim! we all miss you already. I am sad you had to go but I know it'll be best for your family! good luck with everything... hopefully we will see you around.